‘Dollar Day’ admission returns to downtown Baltimore attractions for extended period – CBS Baltimore
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — After being canceled in 2020, Baltimore’s popular Downtown Partnership “dollars” promotion is returning to make many of the city’s most popular attractions more accessible, but it looks different this year.
During the “Downtown Discovery Days”, the attractions organize their own promotions, which will run for almost two weeks from January 3 to 14. The event only lasted two days.
READ MORE: Weather watch: dangerous winds can accompany thunderstorms
The National Aquarium, Maryland Center for History and Culture, Maryland Science Center, and Baltimore Museum of Industry offer free admission.
Here are all the promotions offered:
- National Aquarium: Free admission from January 3 to 14. Pre-registration required.
- National Great Blacks in Wax: $1 admission for all visitors on January 6, 7, 8 and 9.
- Historic Ships in Baltimore: Free children’s tickets (14 and under) for each paying adult
- Maryland Center for History and Culture: Free admission for all 5, 6, 7, 8, 12, 13 and 14 January.
- Maryland Science Center: Free entry for children aged 3 to 12 on 7, 8 and 9 January. Must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Mount Vernon Place Conservancy and the Washington Monument: Free admission to the museum and $6 access to climb the Washington Monument on January 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 12, 13, and 14.
- Baltimore Museum of Industry: Free admission for all on January 8. Timed tickets can be reserved in advance or at the door on a first-come, first-served basis. Free on-site parking is also available.
- Port Discovery Children’s Museum: Admission for $10 (50% off) on January 9 and admission for $2 on January 12.
READ MORE: Local Legislation Addresses E-ZPass Issues
To visit the partnership website for more information. Further promotions are planned, the organization said.
NO MORE NEWS: Stalled freighter Ever Forward fails to move forward